Oh My! Purses, and Awards, and Fun!
So many blogworthy things to write about today, I hardly know where to start!
First of all, I have to thank Missy for the bestowal of the "Smile" award. Who knew I could make anyone smile just from a blog!? It was she who inspired me to create a blog in the first place, so I owe much gratitude to her!
These are the rules:
1. The recipient must link back t0 the award's creator (http://www.thebabblingsofmere.blogspot.com/)
2. You must post these rules if you receive the award.
3. You must chose 5 people to receive the award after receiving it yourself
4. You must fit the characteristics of the recipient of the award, as posted by Mere.
5. You must post the characteristics of a recipient.
6. You must create a post sharing your win with others.
7. You must thank your giver.
Characteristics for the Smile Award:
1. Must display a cheerful attitude. (not necessarily at all times--we are all human)
2. Must love one another
3. Must make mistakes
4. Must learn from others
5. Must be a positive contributor to blog world
6. Must love life
7. Must love kids
And now I get to give the award to 5 of my favorite bloggers...
1. Melissa at Stretch Marks is a really witty, God-loving woman whose blog I enjoy every time I stop over there. She has a beautiful heart and always has something funny and uplifting to say. I love her take on life...its like hearing something you've thought about a hundred times in a completely new and interesting way.
2. Julie at My Nutshell. Okay, okay, she's a new blogger and, well, my sister, but I know she is going to make a wonderful contribution to the blogging world because I have been reading her mind's work all of my life!
3. Jenny at Picky Palate always gives me something to smile about. Her blog is devoted to yummy recipes for every event, craving, and mood. I LOVE reading about her meals and experiments. How could I not smile about this food?
4. My Dad at The Front Porch always gets interesting topics rolling around the blogosphere. I really enjoy the discussions we can have, IRL and through blogs. He's got a side column called "Things that make you say hmmm..." that always gives me a chuckle!
5. Michelle at Corless Clan Corporation because she has a cute little red headed girl (who I like to call my niece) and she always has something dramatic to say about motherhood, being an adult, or just my cute niece. She and I have shared a lot of growing up stuff together!
Oh! And I MUST post about the wonderful gift that was waiting for me when I got home today! Remember that purse I won from the SITS girls a couple weeks ago?
Ok, goofy, I know, but I was EXCITED!
It is SOOOO CUTE! I am forever in love with those saucy SITS girls! If you haven't heard about them yet, go on over there and get with the program! They sent me a beautiful Brighton purse, how can you NOT love that!!!?? Thanks again! I can't even describe how happy you have made my day...no, week...no, summer!